Lights play an important role in the overall ambiance of a house or office. If you have found the perfect desk lamps for your working spaces at home or in the office; you may not easily want to let go of your precious lamps. Hence, it is important to know to how repair desk lamps even on your own. The steps are quite easy, and it would save you a reasonable amount of money because you do not need to buy a new lamp.
1. Disassemble the lamp; generally, you need to start with the bottom part of the lamp. Keep in mind how you have disassembled it because that will be the same process to put them together.
2. Get the parts that you may need to repair the lamp, and then start removing the central part of the lamp that you need to repair.
3. If you need to replace the cord of the lamp, simply push the new cord in the center of the lamp. Normally, this type of cord is stiff; you can use your hands to push the new cord.
4. Then take the exposed part of the wire and start wrapping it around the two terminals. Make sure that you have tightened the screws of the wrapped wires.
5. Start tugging the wire at the bottom part of the lamp and then get the light bulb of your lamp to test whether it is working perfectly.
Do-It-Yourself: Repair Desk Lamp
Posted on October 24, 2011 Leave a Comment